True since the beginning of marketing time, maintaining and cultivating a customer and prospect list is the surest way to long term business, large or small.
That said, it’s our job to do as good as possible at getting fresh leads into our opt-in boxes each and every day. To accomplish this, there are lots of tactics you’ll want to employ. Let’s have a look at just 8 ways to make your inbox burst with new leads!
8 Ways to make your email opt-in box overflow!
- Give them a good reason to sign up – There must be a reason for most people to sign up to your lists, and these days it takes a bribe of some sort, usually something of value to them. That can take the form of a free report, video or some other useful, targeted content.
- Ask for only name and email – The more fields you have them fill out, the lower your opt-in rate. Testing proves this.
- Utilize a testimonial near your form – Having someone vouch for you next to your request for their email is an easy way to provide social proof and improve opt-ins.
- Test compelling copy for your button – Don’t put up with a bland “Subscribe” text on your button. Test other, more colorful content to discover the best wording.
- Use pop-ups – Like them or not, they work. Always keep the popups as innocuous as possible, preferably only showing up when they’ve been on the site for a while or are leaving.
- Use a concise call to action – Don’t be shy about asking for their info in exchange for your valuable gift. Both of you can win here, but only if you ask!
- Tell them what to do – Don’t suppose people know what to do! Let them know exactly what to do in order to get what you’ve promised.
- Use attractive images – Be sure to use attractive imagery in your email opt-in boxes. They don’t have to be only textual. A cool image of what you’re providing them with can go a long way!